Congratulations and welcome to the University of Maryland.
We bring extraordinary women into computing.
We invite you to come visit or chat with us as you make your college choice.
If you have any questions or need to reach us, contact us at email@example.com.
In March 2021, the University of Maryland was announced as one of the partner schools for Break Through Tech DC, which offers professional development programs that are open to women and nonbinary individuals with the goal of increasing gender diversity in tech.
Come Meet Us
Please join us at our Meet & Greet with other accepted students in computing. Students will meet with faculty and staff, complete a modified campus tour, and hear from current students and alumni as they share their experience as a Terp. This will occur at the conclusion of the April 10 Admitted Student Open House.
When: April 10, 2 - 4 PM
Where: Gannon Auditorium, Brendan Iribe Center for Computer Science and Engineering
- Welcome and introductions
- Greeting from Computing Leadership
- Introduction to I4C, MCWIC, and Break Through Tech
- Panel and Q&A with current student leaders
- Tour of the Brendan Iribe Center for Computer Science and Engineering
Do you have questions? Do you want to learn more? Come chat with faculty, staff, and students at our 1:1 virtual chats. You can join anytime between the designated time for a 15-20 min chat. Please note spaces are limited. You should register for only 1 option.
Terps in Tech Admitted Student Chats:
February 28, 6 - 7:30 p.m. EST (virtual) Click here for Zoom link!
March 9, 6:30 - 8 p.m. EST (virtual) Click here for Zoom link!
March 15, 7 - 8:30 p.m. EST (virtual) Click here for Zoom link!
Complete this form to register and request more information: go.umd.edu/StayinTouch
- School Year Ambassadors
- Summer Computing Instructors (for K-12 summer programs)
- Tech Majors at UMD
Professional Development & Conferences
- Break Through Tech DC Sprinternship™
- Break Through Tech DC Summer Guild
- Tech + Research at Technica
- Travel Scholarships to the Grace Hopper Celebration and more!
- Local Conferences
- Corporate partners' supported workshops
- Association for Women in Computing
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS)
- UX Terps
- XR Terps
- oSTEM UMD
- Additional Student Organizations here.
- DICE Lounge (IRB 1104)
- Penthouse Sweets
- Diversity in Tech Celebration
- Terps in Tech
- DICE Slack
- University of Maryland Admitted Students
- College of Computer, Mathmatical and Natural Sciences (CMNS)
- Immersive Media Design
- Information Science
- Social Data Science
- Technology and Information Design
- Iribe Initiative for Inclusion and Diversity in Computing
- Break Through Tech DC at UMD