The Maryland Center for Women in Computing and the Iribe Initiative for Inclusion and Diversity in Computing provide a variety of learning, leadership, and social experiences for current undergraduate students majoring in computer science.
Current Student Programming
Last Day of Guided Study Sessions (GSS): December 13th
Last Day of 1:1 Tutoring: December 17th
Peer & Alumni Mentoring Program
-Build a sense of community among students in computing
-Provide professional development opportunities for students in computing
-Create formal peer support structures and resources for students in computing
-Give students the opportunity to network within and explore different areas of computing
-Provide opportunities for computing students to explore and enhance their technical skills through peer-led workshops
Diversity Conference Scholarships
To Apply: Application Coming Soon!
I4C Computing Instructors
Inclusion Speaker Series
- October 22nd 12 pm-2 pm (IRB 1116)- In partnership with Technica, join us in welcoming Kimberly Arcand, Visualization Scientist & Emerging Tech Lead for NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory.
- December 3rd, 3:30 pm-5:30 pm- Come celebrate the semester and hear from Darryl Peek, head of federal strategic parternships at Google Cloud. RSVP. View the flyer here.
Professional Development Series
DICE (Diversity & Inclusion in Computing Education) Lounge
- October 13th 3pm-5pm - Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month: This event is an informal gathering of individuals who identify as Latinx. Stop by for food, dessert, & games! RSVP
- October 26th 3pm-5pm - Celebrating Disability Awareness Month: This event is an informal gathering of individuals with disabilities and their allies. Stop by for food, dessert, & games! RSVP
- November 8th 3pm-5pm- First Generation Students: This event is an informal gathering of individuals who are first generation college students. Stop by for food, dessert, & games! RSVP
Support of Student Organizations
CS Latino Group